Your Throat Chakra /Vishuddhi Chakra can make you a Creative Genius
LocationThe Throat chakra/ Vishuddhi chakra is located at the center of the throat.
DescriptionThe Throat chakra consists of 16 petals and contains mostly blue prana with some green and violet pranas.
Spiritual Functions of the Vishuddhi ChakraThe Throat chakra or the Vishuddhi chakra is the centre of higher creativity and in Kabbalah, stands for ‘knowledge’. The Throat chakra is the spiritual bridge to the higher world. In one’s quest for spiritual development, it is important to understand that what comes out of your mouth is more important than what goes in. This is implied in Mark 7:15-22 and Ephesians 4:29. When something impure goes into the mouth, it dirties the body. But if something dirty comes out of your mind, then it dirties your soul. Thus the stress is more on practicing ‘pure thoughts’ and ‘pure speech’, rather than having ‘clean food’.
Psychological Functions of the Vishuddhi ChakraThe Throat chakra is the center of the concrete mind and the chakra from where a person acquires knowledge. The Throat chakra is used in activities such as planning, studying, painting etc. There is a strong relation between the Throat chakra and the Sex chakra or Swadhishtana chakra. While the Throat chakra is the center of higher creativity, the Sex chakra is the center of physical creativity or procreation. A strong Throat chakra means that the Sex chakra will also be strong. This is the reason why highly creative people have strong sex drives. However, a strong Sex chakra does not mean that the Throat chakra will also be strong.
Physiological Functions of the Vishuddhi Chakra:Not only does the Throat chakra influence the Sex chakra, it also controls and energizes the thyroid glands, parathyroid glands, the throat, the voice box, the air tube/trachea and the lymphatic system. The mouth, the salivary glands and the esophagus are controlled by the Throat chakra, the secondary Throat chakra and the jaw minor chakras. This is also the reason why green prana is produced in a person when he is eating. The carotid arteries going through the head are also under the area of influence of these chakras.
Conditions Caused by a Malfunctioning Throat Chakra
- Throat related ailments such as goiter, sore throat, loss of voice, asthma, sterility etc. Asthma also happens because of emotional problems. If the person is unable to express himself/herself freely, it causes a constriction of the windpipe, which could result in asthma.
- Shoulder pains can be caused by emotional troubles which affect the Throat chakra as well as the solar plexus chakra or Manipura chakra. Shoulder pain can also be caused by a malfunctioning of the Throat chakra which affects the armpit minor chakra.
- Too much anxiety can cause the Throat chakra to become over-activated.
- Vomiting from throat infection in children can be treated by healing the Throat chakra and the secondary Throat minor chakra.
- Hyperthyroidism can cause the Vishuddhi chakra to become reddish and over-activated.
Equivalent Acupuncture Point
- In Chinese medicine, the Throat chakra corresponds to the acupuncture point RN (CV) 23.
- Taoist and Indian Correspondence of the Throat chakra.
- In Taoist Yoga, it is known as the lianquan. It means ‘clear fountain’.
- In Sanskrit, the Throat chakra is called the Vishuddhi chakra.
- In Tamil, it is called Ottu varmam.